Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS)
- Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS), a national level non-government organization started its mission to stand by the distressed people with humanitarian aid when the country was hit by a massive flood in 1974. Having an organizational shape in 1977, MSS redirected its focus to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor especially the urban and rural women of Bangladesh. Thereafter, MSS started health and population services in 1982; an integrated savings and credit program for the urban poor in 1984 which has since become sustainable. MSS was again in the front line when focus of development shifted to building democratic societies and promoting good governance.
- Alongside working for poverty alleviation of the marginalized people, MSS is also promoting child rights, food security, health and nutrition services, housing and non-formal primary education with a vision to establish a society free from poverty where there is equality among citizens and citizens` rights are respected.
- MSS-WCP, the flagship program is growing with the inclusion of more members and opening of new branches. Until June 2019, MSS was operating its microfinance program through 144 branches in 102 upazillas and thanas of 17 districts. MSS emphasizes on social services programs to complement its credit program for holistic development of the underserved people.
- Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS) is now looking for a competent person in the position of Legal Officer under HR & Admin Department.
- The Legal Officer supports the Head of HR & Admin by managing and leading the organization`s casework and legal affairs. The Legal Officer works closely with the HR & Admin Department., Program Department., Branch Managers, Area Managers, Zonal Managers and Legal Advisors and it is therefore imperative that effective working relationships are developed and fostered. The Legal Officer is expected to contribute effectively to the achievement of organizational goals and objectives by providing and overseeing the function of case review.
- Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Regular update Head of HR and Admin about ongoing legal case, investigation and other necessary steps towards staff under Women's Credit Program (WCP).
- Make a schedule for Court attendance for ongoing cases, takes necessary preparation, and follow up them.
- Collect all the information, follow up court attendance date and make sure the defendant always present for court attendance for ongoing cases.
- Always maintain communication with assigned Lawyer and visit his Chamber (if needed) to get clarifying instructions and seeking for details like the weather seem dismissible.
- Prepare Zone, Area and Branch wise monthly report regarding (ongoing, dismissible) legal case and make sure to send it within 5th of every month to the concerned person HR and Admin department.
- Prepare a monthly report every month based on ongoing cases regarding default loan amount by members, embezzled amount by the staffs and collected amount both from the members and staffs.
- Ensure preservation of copy of a set of documents in Head Office regarding every ongoing legal case related (Zone, Area, Branch wise) member and staff.
- Collect information regarding ongoing legal cases on a regular basis from concerned BM, AM, ZM disseminate to assigned Lawyer for further prosecution.
- To maintain regular communication with assigned lawyer and legal adviser of MSS.
- Ensure prior approval of all the expenses related to the legal procedure.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the management of MSS.
- Master of Law (LLM), Bachelor of Law (LLB)
- Licensed Advocate will get preference.
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age 30 to 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- At least 3 years of practical experience in the relevant field.
- Experience of working in any reputed MFI in similar role will get preference.
- Skill and Competencies:
- Specific Knowledge:
- -Familiarity with judicial systems
- -Good understanding of the law and practice of Bangladesh
- -Should be good in drafting Legal documents both in Bangla and in English
- - Should have good MS office applications skill especially in MS-Word & MS-Excel with Bangla (Avro or Bijoy) and English typing.
- -Must have the ability to translate Bengali to English and/or English to Bengali of Legal documents.
- Personal Qualities:
- -Patient and calm in pressurized situations
- -Consultative, constructive problem solving approach
- -Flexibility and willingness to work out of office hours when necessary
- -Should have analytical multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines consistently and adapt well to change over the scope of a project or program.
- -Display strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Job Location: Dhaka with travel outside Dhaka as needed.
- Salary & Benefits: Attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the right candidate.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Gratuity
- Salary Review: Yearly
Published on: 17 Oct 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Gender: Both males and females are allowed to apply
Age: Age 30 to 35 years
Job Location: Dhaka
Application Deadline: 30 Oct 2020
Classes/ Sessions: 6 Hour
Course Duration: 20 - 21 November 2020
Class Schedule: Friday - Saturday
Classes/ Sessions: 3 Hour
Course Duration: 27 - 27 November 2020
Class Schedule: Friday
Classes/ Sessions: 3 Hour
Course Duration: 11 - 11 December 2020
Class Schedule: Friday
Read Before Apply
Please apply if only if you meet the requirements through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a CV (not more than 3 pages with photograph)
- Cover letter mentioning your present/last and expected salary
- Mention "Application for Legal Officer" in subject line of email.
Last date of sending application: October 30, 2020