Senior Program Assistant, Workforce Nutrition
Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a motivated Senior Program Assistant to support the management of quality implementation of "Keeping Food Markets Working" project and assist both the Project Manager and Knowledge Leadership Team with broad project activities.
- This role is a local position and will require applicants to have the right to work and live in the region. Please note that GAIN is unable to sponsor working visas.
- This role is a full time, fixed term contract for up to 12 months.
- GAIN Bangladesh has implemented a project named "Keeping Food Markets Working" to support vulnerable workers with a focus on the nutrition and food system. The project aims to contribute to improved nutrition security provided to vulnerable workers in employment through emergency grants to employers.
- The Senior Program Assistant will be responsible for supporting the management of quality implementation of this project. You will maintain a working relationship with implementation partners, and relevant strategic and development partners while contributing to developing concepts/processes, proposals, and learning documents.
- Role specifics will include:
- Support to the implementation partners, research & evaluation agencies, and other stakeholders to develop a work plan.
- Monitor the food distribution at the factory/partner level and ensure its documentation.
- Assist with organising training with ensuring different logistics with the partners, factories, and relevant experts.
- Field activity visits and provide progress updates regarding any identified issues to the Project Manager
- Provide support to the Knowledge Leadership (KL) and evaluation team for conducting regular monitoring and data collection.
- Report on the project progress with the Country team, Portfolio Management, and Delivery team.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in food science, nutrition, social science, business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- You will need to a dynamic individual with the proven ability to work effectively in a team environment while possessing excellent negotiation and advocacy skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working with development fields especially in the workforce nutrition sector, nutrition, public health, and food system.
- Previous experience in any disaster response and relief management activities
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment and matrix structure is critical.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential.
- 725,534 - 826,772 BDT per annum + benefits (depending on experience)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- In addition to competitive salary, GAIN offers an attractive pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus public holiday), flexible working and home working. We will support you to grow in your career through formal and informal professional development opportunities and we offer this within a supportive and collaborative environment.