HS4TB Country Manager
Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Overall Responsibilities:
- The HS4TB Country Manager reports to the HS4TB Portfolio Director for Bangladesh and is responsible for the overall management of the HS4TB project in Bangladesh. S/he will provide management and oversight in the implementation of activities. S/he will manage the local contractors, consultants review and edit deliverables, and provide logistic support as needed. S/he is responsible for ensuring that HS4TB operations in Bangladesh are efficient and effective, in compliance with MSH standards, donor regulations and local laws and support attainment of project results and client expectations.
- The HS4TB Country Manager is accountable for preparing and managing the project budget, reporting, consultants, and all other management responsibilities. The Finance and Operations team in Bangladesh will provide necessary operational support.
- The Team Manager is part of MSH's Country Leadership Team.
- The Team Manager liaises with USAID/Bangladesh, the consultants, project partners and relevant Home Office staff regarding any aspects of program implementation and reporting. The Team Manager works closely with the Sr. Technical Advisor in his role representing the project in all platforms, particularly in communications with government agencies.
- Outsourcing & Social Contracting:
- Liaise with counterparts in Bangladesh to mobilize documents, information and data necessary for completion of technical requirements. Lead planning, implementation and facilitation of stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- Support contractor to assemble information of systems and mechanisms for monitoring performance of social contracts with non-state entities
- Work with contractor and HS4TB project staff to integrate and synthesize contractor's findings leading to identification and assessment of models for outsourcing and social contracting in Bangladesh, legal, policy and regulatory and other opportunities and constraints to their expanded use for the benefit of the national TB program.
- Subcontractor Management and Support:
- Provide managerial direction to policy analysis firm in Bangladesh, ensure smooth implementation of all work and on-time completion and submission of deliverables.
- Assist subcontractor with access to and communication with counterparts in Bangladesh as needed to carry out their scope of work.
- Review all work produced by subcontractor to ensure quality of deliverables
- Team Management and Support:
- Participate in regular meetings with the HS4TB team leadership to review project technical progress, plan in-country project events, apprise them of in-country challenges and define solutions to overcome them.
- Donor & Partner Relations:
- Be the primary point of contact for the HS4TB team with the assigned USAID/Bangladesh Mission team
- Work closely with the NTP, MoHFW, and other Ministries as identified to maintain strong ties and ensure that the necessary steps for outsourcing can be followed by the Government of Bangladesh
- Masters degree or higher in health systems, health policy, public health or related field is required
- At least 5 year(s)
- 5 or more years' experience in leading teams or managing subcontractors
- Experience working with the MoHFW or other government ministries required.
- Experience in working with USAID-funded projects strongly preferred
- Work experience with projects supported by international organizations.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills. Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong team management and organizational skills.
- Results driven and demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team to produce results on time.
- Demonstrated skill in quickly assessing priorities and opportunities and managing a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills in local and English language.
- Professional skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT) required.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural team.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.