Manager - Knowledge Management and Communications (Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity - USAID)
World Vision Bangladesh
- World Vision Bangladesh is currently accepting applications for Manager - Knowledge Management and Communications for an anticipated USAID-funded Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity. The anticipated goal of this activity is to improve the nutrition outcomes of pregnant and lactating women and children less than five years old in Bangladesh. The Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity will address the inequitable nutrition outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach.
- This activity is expected to be a five-year program in the $25-50M range. The solicitation is expected to be released in April 2021 and awarded in September 2021. The position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
- The main purpose of this position is to lead the Knowledge Management, Impact and Communications portfolio for Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity and World Vision Bangladesh.
- This position reports to the Chief of Party. The position requires a high-energy, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic individual with exceptional organizational, written, and oral communication skills, and strategic thinking, and emotional intelligence.
- Lead the overall Knowledge Management, Impact, and Communications portfolio for Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity including the design and roll-out of a KMLR strategy and implementation plan, CLA plan including thematic learning products and dissemination and lead all reporting and documentation, communication outreach, visibility, and branding for the project.
- Lead the development of and support the COP with high-quality internal and external communications, including with donors, WV US, consortium partners, and beyond.
- Compile concise high-level and strategic briefing materials, talking points, position papers for internal and external engagement including for WV senior leadership, donors and Government.
- Lead the development of high-quality knowledge management products and outputs in line with the KMLR output schedule;
- Lead the production of high quality, concise monthly, annual, and yearly reports for both internal and external/donor purposes;
- Lead and engage in the design, development, review, and dissemination of high-quality learning products, studies, and materials in line with the Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity and FSL learning agenda.
- Lead the overall design and development of case studies, success stories and video documentaries/clips to external audiences including donors and World Vision regional and global teams;
- Identify and represent WV in external and internal knowledge management, research and learning platforms (including but not limited to: IDEAL, PRO WASH, FSN Network, SCALE, AgriLinks, USAID Learning Labs)
- Contribute and enhance WV's visibility, impact and technical branding - working in tandem with WVB and WV US communications teams.
- Contribute and enhance WV and Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity's advocacy plans including developing high-quality communications materials, briefing documents, research briefs, position papers.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with key representatives from relevant learning and research organizations, funds, and platforms.
- Execute and monitor the Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity marking and branding strategy in line with World Vision Branding principles.
- Any other tasks mutually agreed with the COP
- Contribute to designing knowledge management tools and materials Bangladesh Community Nutrition Activity and World Vision;
- Graduate degree relevant to the job (e.g. Development studies, journalistic & technical writing, program management)
- At least 7 year(s)
- Understanding USG grant programming and reporting requirements under USG Food for Peace PL480 Programming awards (e.g. familiarity with grants and cooperative agreement grant award documents, grant suspension/termination rules)
- Familiarity with Key M & E processes (e.g. baseline and evaluation studies, outcome measurement tools, and analysis) and indicators in a USG Food for Peace PL480 Programming
- Project-based database operations, data entry, analysis, and generation of results for reporting purposes;
- Understanding USG reporting requirements both narrative and financial reporting (e.g. Performance Reporting formats, SF425 Forms, and commodity and monetization commodity/statistical reporting)
- Technical Writing skills
- Presentation skills, competent in the use of MS Officer
- At least 7 years of extensive experience working with non-profits, with at least 3 years programming experience with USAID-funded programs preferably USG Food for Peace PL 480 awards.
- Demonstrated/ Proven experience in working with interdepartmental, cross-organizational, and cross-cultural teams
- Must be willing and able to travel nationally and internationally as needed.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Weekly 2 holidays
- Festival Bonus: 1
- Benefits are applicable as per organizational structure and policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 8 Apr 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 7 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Application Deadline: 17 Apr 2021
Read Before Apply
World Vision Bangladesh as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with a prior record of conviction related to child neglect, abuse, and exploitation.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be called up for an interview.
*Photograph must be enclosed with the resume.
Published On8 Apr 2021
Company InformationWorld Vision Bangladesh Address : Abedin Tower (2nd floor), 35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka - 1213, P.O. Box: 9071 Business : World Vision (WV) is an established international Christian humanitarian development and advocacy organization dedicated for working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their fullest potential by tackling the causes of poverty & injustice. It serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender or ability.
World Vision is committed to first do no harm to children or adult beneficiaries, to respect the rights of all beneficiaries, and to uphold the best interests of children as a primary consideration in all actions and decisions; accordingly all the recruits will go through specific checks and compliance procedures in accordance to its Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy.
World Vision Bangladesh has zero tolerance towards incidents of violence or abuse against children or adults, including sexual exploitation or abuse, committed either by employees or others affiliated with our work. World Vision Bangladesh as Child Safe Organization discourages anyone to apply with prior record of conviction related with child neglect, abuse and exploitation.
Female are specially encourage to apply.