Medical Technologist - Laboratory Medicine
Bangladesh Specialized Hospital Ltd.
Medical laboratory technologists will perform a variety of laboratory tests and procedures to assist physicians in diagnosing, monitoring, treating and preventing disease.
- Retrieves specimens from the Surgery Department
- Receives specimens for other cases when delivered to the Laboratory
- Sorts specimens according to priority and difficulty of procedures and records in pathology log
- Embeds specimens into blocks and fixes tissue in formalin
- Operates instrumentation for tissue dehydration, section clearing, impregnation with paraffin, cutting tissue sections, and staining of slides
- Prepares solutions, stains, and reagents in accordance with standards written procedures
- Operates and maintains all histology area lab equipment in proper state of readiness, cleanliness, and sharpens and hone micro tome knives
- Records number of tissue blocks verifying proper identification and label
- Performs and monitors inventory of supplies, equipment, and reagents used, and places orders for replacements as required
- Assists the Pathologist in gross examination of surgical specimens and in frozen section procedures
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisors
- Retrieves pathology data and delivers pathologist's dictation tapes and surgical pathology requisitions to medical transcriptionist
- Maintains that quality tissue specimen slides and stain results are obtained and delivered to the Pathologist within established quality standards
- Maintains that pathology tissue and slide records and charts are kept up to date
- See that tissue processing and staining are carried out promptly and accurately
- Keeps the Laboratory Manager informed of Surgical Pathology and Histology area activity
- Performs with a minimum of errors- works neatly and with accuracy regardless of volume of work
- Assumes responsibility for being available to the lab at any time during a 24-hour period regarding problems arising in the Surgical Pathology/Histology areas if the need should arise
- Seeks assistance when necessary from Histology Technologist or Lab Manager
- Makes pertinent observations in regard to department needs and office suggestions
- Accepts responsibility for an becomes available for overtime when workload requires
- Accepts responsibility for and becomes available to work a different shift when workload or conditions warrant it
- Shows willingness to assist other laboratory personnel when requested
- Shows willingness to assist other laboratory personnel as workload permits without being requested to do so
- Work at office
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Medical Technology in Laboratory Medicine, Diploma in Medical Technology in Laboratory Medicine
- Skills Required: Medical Technologist
- At least 1 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Medical Technologist/ Lab Operator
- Age 22 to 35 years
- Only males are allowed to apply
- In-depth knowledge of hospital /Diagnostic procedures
- Ability to do detailed work and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt easily and quickly to change.
- Enjoy taking a methodical approach to their work, analyzing results, establishing procedures and using computers and specialized instruments for accurate and precise testing.
- Must be Computer skill especially in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must have excellent communication skill both in Bengali and in English.
- Candidate are willing to work as a full time basis. Cannot work anywhere else as part time employee.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Provident fund
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.