Assistant Project Manager
The Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
- Project Name: UK Aid Match’s Livelihoods (UKAML) Project
- Duration of Contract: Up to 31 December 2022 (extendable)
- Report to: Project Manager, BDRCS NHQ, Dhaka
- Working closely with: British Red Cross (BRC) Project Coordinator and other officials of Barishal
- Responsible for: Project Management (Implementation & Development), Monitoring, Reporting and Coordination
- Location: BDRCS unit office, Barishal
- The Assistant Project Manager (APM) is responsible for implementation of UKAID Match’s Livelihoods Project in slum communities of Barisal City Corporation. The primary objective of the APM position is, under direct supervision of the Project Manager of BDRCS, to ensure the timely and effective delivery of UKAID Match’s Livelihoods project activities in the target communities and ensuring comply with technical standards from DFID/BRC. The APM is also expected to maintain a good working relationship with project team, relevant stakeholders, RC Unit and BRC, IFRC and other Movement partners. He/she will represent project in different meetings and forums in Barisal City Corporation level.
- Ensure the development of project implementation plans that have at their heart beneficiary communication and acco1untability in coordination with BDRCS’ Project Manager and BRC team.
- Ensure with the support of BRC technical team the labor market assessment and value chain analysis to identify the gaps for livelihoods support in urban slums of Barisal City Corporation area.
- Coordinate and support the BRC technical team to conduct research study on business potential in urban slums and analysis of barriers to social integration.
- Coordinate and support the BRC technical team to design skills development trainings in collaboration with local industries and government development institutes in Barisal.
- Guide and manage the project staff to organise target communities and households in cohesive groups like CDMC, Women Squad, CDRT linked to the line departments of government.
- Coordinate and manage the project staff to identify the household members willing to participate in income generation activities for their skills and capacities.
- Guide the project staff to organize and support the potential beneficiaries on financial literary and necessary skill training for supplementary business, enhancement of employability, set up new business.
- Ensure that real beneficiaries are identified following standard criteria and the business plans for the business viability and sustainability are scrutinised that meet technical standards.
- Guide and manage the project staff to mobilise the communities/cohesive groups to establish a mechanism for community engagement and accountability.
- Ensure that allocated budget lines/activities and expenses are regularly monitored and, as needed, action plans with follow-up are developed to correct any over or under spending in a timely manner.
- Prepare detail Plan of Action (PoA) in line with agreed log frames/indicators and approved budget and ensure high quality implementation of the project activities in close coordination with BRC technical team.
- To organize all trainings/Workshop by the UKAID Match project team if necessary.
- Assist Unit Level Officer of BDRCS to organise Project Implementation Committee (PSC) meeting every month and share the project progress to the meetings.
- Maintain and coordinate with Barisal City Corporation and private sectors/industries to ensure effective and harmonised programme implementation.
- Produce DFID/BRC required periodic reports and send to the BDRCS management and BRC within stipulated timeline;
- Monitor and ensure adherence to grant work plans, spending plans, and monitoring and evaluation plans, and timely delivery of donor and management reports on livelihood activities.
- Ensure all monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection as required under the grant and for BRC PMEAL purposes.
- Other Duties:
- Any other relevant duties as requested by the line manager/concerned authorities.
- Advance degree in Business Studies, Social Science, Disaster Management, Development Studies or other subject relevant to livelihoods and disaster risk reduction.
- At least 10 year(s)
- Age at most 45 years
- Minimum 10 years’ job experience including 5 years’ experience in project planning, monitoring and reporting preferably in livelihoods and resilience programming in Assistant Managerial position.
- Budget development and management of significant field-based projects.
- Representation and liaison within complex partnership contexts.
- Conducting capacity building training workshops for project staff and beneficiaries.
- Experience of working with the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is preferable.
- Competence in IT (MS Word and Excel, Power Point, Internet etc.).
- Good commend over Bangla and English in speaking and writing skills.
- Commitment to the International Red Cross & Red Crescent Movement.
- Integrity & high standards of personal conduct and showing good behavior with others.
- Team player, with the ability to coordinate and engage others and build good working relationships with internal and external partners.
- Ability to inspire others; to pass his/her skills to others and to motivate them to put them into practice.
- Ability to adapt various concepts and tools to the environment and needs of the relevant National Society.
- Proactive, highly motivated and able to use initiative to a significant degree.
- Ability to think strategically and be patient and supportive to work with others.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in written to both program & non-program staff.
- Willing to work for the vulnerable people in slum communities.
- As per projects salary structure
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.