Advisor- Energy System Planning and Analysis
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- GIZ Bangladesh is currently seeking applications for its "Energy Efficiency and Grid Integration of Renewable Energy (EEGIRE II)" for the position "Advisor- Energy System Planning and Analysis".
- Band: 4T
- Contract Duration: Up to May 2024
- Programme Background:
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency is one of the priority areas of German Development Cooperation in Bangladesh. The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Programme is supported by the Bangladesh Ministry of Power, Energy, and Mineral Resources and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
- The Energy Efficiency and Grid Integration of Renewable Energy (EEGIRE II) is an ongoing German technical cooperation project under the priority area of `renewable energy and energy efficiency` in Bangladesh. The project intends to enhance energy efficiency and the share of renewable energy in the national energy mix while maintaining transmission and distribution grid stability.
- The project will intervene in the following three (03) areas:
- 1. Developing grid management capability of electric power distribution utilities for the integration of decentralised solar power systems, including increasing digitalisation.
- 2. Introducing innovative instruments, processes, or, technologies at electric utilities to increase the share of decentralised solar power systems.
- 3. Developing capacity of the transmission grid operator to improve grid stability for enabling the expansion of grid-connected decentralised solar power plants.
- The duration of the project is from June 2021 to May 2024.
- The project will be implemented by the GIZ in collaboration with Power Division of the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources and its relevant affiliated agencies including SREDA, BPDB and Power Cell.
- GIZ now seeks applications from suitable candidates to support implementation of the EEGIRE II project which is linked to energy system planning and analysis, with focus on renewable energy grid integration.
- The position holder is responsible for the following:
- managing an area of responsibility that forms part of the programme objectives, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
- assisting project/programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- advise supervisor on all task when implementing GIZ rules and regulation
- advise supervisor in the field of project's planning, steering and monitoring
- independently implement goals and requirements set by the line manager
- make decisions which have a short-term effect within a limited project area/ unit
- assist supervisor to identify day to day problems and suggest appropriate solutions
- Specific Job Responsibilities:
- In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- Planning, design and implementation of the EEGIRE II interventions in consultation with the Programme Coordinator and any assigned deputy of the Coordinator.
- Undertake capacity development measures for the Ministry of Power, Energy and Mineral Resources (MoPEMR) and its agencies and enterprises to improve energy efficiency and grid integration of renewable energy (RE) while maintaining a safe and reliable system.
- Support in organizing and conducting analyses, studies and study trips jointly with selected partner experts and managers to create network synergies, impart knowledge and strengthen confidence in RE.
- Support partner institutes in comprehensive RE grid integration analysis, including relevant energy resources and grid modelling and analysis.
- Support development and implementation of roadmaps published by MoPEMR to gradually increase the share of RE in power generation.
- Submission of internal reports on conducted project activities and events.
- Develop of Terms of Reference (ToR) and manage contracts under supervision of EEGIRE II supervisor and any assigned deputy.
- Work closely with EEGIRE II Technical Advisors and other experts, including consultants, on energy system planning and analysis, and provide inputs wherever needed.
- Coordinate with EEGIRE II PR & Communication expert in developing communication materials related to RE & energy efficiency interventions.
- Work closely with EEGIRE II M&E Expert to design M&E framework and provide inputs based on project component interventions.
- Represent GIZ in various meetings and events as instructed by the EEGIRE II supervisor and any assigned deputy.
- Conceptualize, prepare and organize workshops, seminars, and other events related to the programme's field of activities and submit reports on the event.
- Minimum Graduates from engineering / economics/ public administration / relevant discipline and with master's in business administration/ public policy /renewable energy from reputed institutions.
- At least 6 year(s)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience in power and energy sector including at least 3 years in power and energy system modelling and analysis with focus on renewable energy .
- Knowledge of renewable energy potential and development status is essential.
- Working experience with power and energy system modelling and analysis tools with focus on renewable energy grid integration will be considered as an asset.
- Experience of working closely with Government of Bangladesh (GOB) as well as with International organizations will be considered as an asset.
- Knowledge in the field of Bangladesh power sector, power system development and relevant stakeholders is required.
- Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Ability to successfully navigate through a politically sensitive environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and must be a strong team player.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Knowledge of German Language is an asset.
- Excellent network within public and private sector organisations in energy sector.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong coordination experience with multiple partner organisations, specifically in public sector.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.