Sr. Officer – MIS and Research
Practical Action - Bangladesh.
The Sr. Officer – MIS and Research is a member of the Monitoring Evaluation Learning and Research team of Practical Action in Bangladesh who will work closely with Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) staff members to support the effective implementation of MEL plan and process. S/he will be responsible for designing and running the Management Information System (MIS). The incumbent will play major role in designing and accomplishing research work applying both qualitative and quantitative methods focusing on the thematic areas of Practical Action, namely waste management, agriculture, resilience and energy.
- Design a compatible MIS system including automated process for brief and real time monitoring.
- Design MEL tools and test into the system, continuously work for further improvement.
- Collect data from different units and field team, ensure storage, compilation, analyses and presentation with quality.
- Support MEL team of the project and work closely with partners' M&E staff following MEL plan.
- Support field office to design and run an effective and integrated MIS system.
- Identify new research and study area following strategic areas and Programme. Quality and Delivery (PQD) Framework.
- Develop quality research and study proposal/ToR, tools and orient the team
- Conduct survey and research activities of the project in coordination with other relevant staff.
- Ensure quality of study data collection, analysis, data management, data analysis and report preparation.
- Prepare journal articles based on conducted research and study and ensure its publication.
- Participate in data processing and analysis, writing, editing and translation.
- Understand research protocol, data collection techniques, project scope, guideline & questionnaire methodology timelines target groups and study sites etc.
- Identify monitoring tools for quality assurance of data and provide feedback to the team on field activities timely.
- Assist in preparing periodic report, donor report, NGO Affairs Bureau report, etc.
- Develop and collect global indicators report from different project focal with the support of MEL staff, its compilation following tools and guidelines.
- Provide training/orientation on digital (ODK) data collection process, STATA, study methodology, analysis and reporting.
- Follow the standard of Programmed Quality and Delivery (PQD) framework in every aspect of the MIS and study related activities.
- Work at office
- Master of Science (MSc)
- A university degree, preferably masters in statistics, population science, anthropology, environmental science or relevant discipline with good academic records.
- Third division/ class/ equivalent GPA in any educational level will not be accepted.
- 5 to 7 year(s)
- At least 5 years of working experience in relevant field, especially in MIS, research, MEL in the development sector.
- Qualified Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Working experience in WASH, waste management, agriculture, resilience, energy, and related field.
- Strong knowledge on data management, data quality assurance, data analysis and archiving.
- Excellent facilitation, coordination, team management, reporting and presentation skill
- Good knowledge on qualitative and quantitative research/study methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge on information-flow management, digital data collection tools i.e. KoBo Toolbox
- Practical knowledge and skill to developing journal article following proper standards.
- Knowledge in geographic information system (GIS), STATA and advanced level statistical data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and working with diverse team related to MIS, MEL and research.
- Ability to work and lead a multi-cultural team and meeting deadlines.
- Proficient in computer application: Excel, GIS, STATA and advanced level statistical analysis.
- Good English writing, analytical and communication skills.
- Good ability to work with a virtual cross-functional team.
- Willing and able to travel independently outside station and prepare trip report.
Tk. 75000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Provident fund, Weekly 2 holidays, Insurance, Gratuity
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 5 Aug 2022
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 5 to 7 year(s)
Job Location: Dhaka
Salary: Tk. 75000 (Monthly)
Application Deadline: 18 Aug 2022
Published On5 Aug 2022
Company InformationPractical Action - Bangladesh. Address : House # 28/A, Road # 5, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1205 Web : www.practicalaction.org Business : Practical Action is an international development organisation putting ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world.
We help people find solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Challenges made worse by catastrophic climate change and persistent gender inequality. We work with communities to develop ingenious, lasting and locally owned solutions for agriculture, water and waste management, climate resilience and clean energy. And we share what works with others, so answers that start small can grow big.
We’re a global change-making group. The group consists of a UK registered charity with community projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America, an independent development publishing company and a technical consulting service. We combine these specialisms to multiply our impact and help shape a world that works better for everyone.