Demi Chef, Bakery and Pastry
US-Bangla Airlines, the largest private airline in the country, is looking for a creative Bakery and Pastry Demi Chef for the Bakery and Pastry section of its Flight Catering Center. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create delicious bakery and pastry items that go beyond our customers` expectations. To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Preparing a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Managing the Bakery and Pastry section and coordinating with the other chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure a beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking and pastry ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Supervising and training assistant staff members, when needed.
- Skills Required: Bakery and Pastry Expert
- At least 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- Training or Certification in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field from reputed culinary institutions.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes, bread, desserts, and other baking and pastry items.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, mass production environment.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Medical allowance, Provident fund
- Lunch Facilities: Full Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.