Media and Communication Officer
Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS)
- Job Context:
- Manabik Shahajya Sangstha (MSS) is a leading nation level NGO engaged in socio-economic development since 1974 and providing microfinance to over 230,000 people both in rural and urban areas with financial support from PKSF and other financial institutions.
- Position Summary:
- MSS is looking for a highly proactive and skilled professional to recruit as Media and Communication Officer who is capable of preparing press releases, media statement, press/media kits, program reports and updated information and stories in English also with expertise in Social Media Content development, uploading and editing facebook pages and website. The incumbent should have effective media relations. S/he will work under Media and Public Affairs unit of MSS.
- Key Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Prepare contents for publications, press articles /releases, websites, speeches, case studies, digital medias, advertisements and other marketing materials those communicate the organization's activities, products or services (both English and Bangla);
- Develop and design of bulletin, reports and different publications;
- Social Media Content development, uploading and editing;
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Prepare stories/anecdotes for publications in print media including social media;
- Help to develop program video documentary; spots and online content ;
- Writing articles and blogging; Proofread and edit blog posts before publication;
- Coordinate with team lead & members to illustrate articles and other contents;
- Identify customers'/clients needs and gaps in content and recommend new topics;
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics;
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Quality translations from Bangla to English and vice versa;
- Establish and maintain effective media relations, placement and distribution of information material and creative partnerships to promote optimum visibility of organization's activities.
- Work at office
- Bachelor / Masters in English, Mass Communications, Journalism or other relevant subject with good academic record.
- Skills Required: Article writing, Copy writing/ Script Writing, Excellent Written skills for writing reports, Press Release Writing, profesional english writing
- At least 3 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Creative content writing, Professional writing, Report Writing
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Newspaper/Magazine, Online Newspaper/ News Portal, Web Media/Blog
- Age at most 35 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Experience Requirements:
- The applicants must have at least 3 years experience of working in English newspaper, News magazine or other English publications or NGO setting in similar role;
- The applicants must have experience in writing (in English) about the organizational products / solutions, Creative Content writing, Story or Script Writing, Digital Content Development, News Article / Press Release Writing, Blog Post and Websites Content Writing.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills in both English and Bangla.
- Should have high computer literacy with Bangla (Avro or Bijoy) and English typing.
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role.
- Portfolio of published articles.
- Proofreading and editing capabilities for content materials.
- Must have the ability to translate Bengali to English and/or English to Bengali.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in team.
- Job Location: Dhaka with occasional travel outside Dhaka.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Medical allowance, Provident fund, Gratuity, T/A
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
- As per policy of the organization
Published on: 17 Sep 2020
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 3 year(s)
Gender: Both males and females are allowed to apply
Age: Age at most 35 years
Job Location: Dhaka
Application Deadline: 24 Sep 2020
Classes/ Sessions: 3 Hours
Course Duration: 18 - 18 July 2020
Classes/ Sessions: 4 Sessions
Course Duration: 29 July - 10 August 2020
Total Hours: 12
Class Schedule: Monday & Wednesday
Classes/ Sessions: 3 Hours
Course Duration: 30 - 30 July 2020
Class Schedule: Thursday
Classes/ Sessions: 3 Hours
Course Duration: 31 - 31 July 2020
Class Schedule: Friday
Read Before Apply
Please read the job description carefully. Please apply only if you match with our requirements. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for the interview. Selection will be made purely on merit basis.
If you possess the requisite educational qualification, skills and experience, we invite you to send a CV (not more than 3 pages) with cover letter mentioning your present/last and expected salary and recent color photograph by September 24, 2020 through e-mail: email@example.com. Please mention "Application for Media and Communication Officer" in subject line of email.