Accounting and HR Officer
- The Accounting and HR Officer is responsible for the accounting and finance activities of our programs in Bangladesh with a particular focus on the bank and cash handling in line with MedGlobal policies and procedures and in accordance with NGOAB and local employment legislation and practice. As well as recruiting staff, payroll, handling VAT, Tax and registration forms.
- Finance And Accounting
- Carry out the day-to-day accounting functions of the program including, but not limited to:
- Prepare bank and cash voucher payments and daily transaction reports
- Employees and logistics cash advances
- Quickbooks data entry
- Daily/monthly cash counts
- Manage in-country cash, ensuring sufficient amounts are available at all times and that necessary security measures are in place and are being followed.
- Work closely with the MedGlobal Head Office and Bangladesh office program Manager on all NGOAB submissions such as projects audit reports completion, new project budget preparation, FD-7,FD-5 and FD-6.,etc.
- Pay supplier invoices either directly or in conjunction with team members and in accordance with agreements made.
- Prepare and Pay local employees salaries and allowances as agreed, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities.
- Support colleagues in cash handling and financial transactions, providing coaching and guidance as required
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by NGOAB, local legislation, donors, HQ, or other bodies
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is adhered to for all financial transactions and that all filing and archiving are in line with MedGlobal and donor requirements which follow international accounting standards.
- Conduct regular cash and bank reconciliations, verifying amounts held and reporting any discrepancies
- Prepare and manage all VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed.
- Human Resources & Administration
- Ensure all employment practices for nationally recruited staff comply with local labor laws, seek advice from local lawyers, and benchmark with other NGOs in-country as applicable
- Work with relevant colleagues to ensure the preparation, payment, and record-keeping of staff salaries and/or allowances is done in a timely manner and in accordance with local employment regulations, ensuring that all required statutory deductions are made and subsequently paid to the appropriate authorities
- Ensure all employees have a personnel file containing all relevant documentation and information and archived according to MedGlobal policy, local law, and any donor requirements
- Ensure line managers/team members receive any necessary training, advice, mentoring, or coaching on performance management or any other relevant areas of finance and HR.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with field management and the HQ HR Officer concerning all HR issues
- Ensure team members are informed of the required HR procedures, and be available to answer any HR related questions and to provide coaching and guidance as necessary
- Ensure relevant HR and accountant documentation are made available to staff in a language they understand.
- Ensure all nationally recruited staff have a current employment contract.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment process for new/vacant positions in conjunction with the country representative and the program manager. This includes job descriptions, advertising, short-lists, interviews, and the appointment
- Create monthly, and annual Finance and HR reports
- Conduct regular internal audits and report immediately any possible fraud or theft.
- Prepare and manage VAT, tax preparation, and renew MedGlobal office registration forms as needed, including all the relevant reports.
- Report to NGOAB as per the provision of Foreign Donations (Voluntary Activities) Regulation Act, 2016 of Bangladesh Govt. and Ministry of Finance, partners, donors and other appropriate Govt. authority.
- Delegated Responsibilities
- Ensure that MedGlobal program legal compliance of in-country human resources activities in accordance with MedGlobal, donor, national and international requirements
- Ensure that all Medglobal documentation is constantly updated to MedGlobal Google drive
- Confidentiality of information held on individual staff
- Implement and improve human resources systems and policies
- Experience with international donors ( such as USAID,UN and EU) financial principles and guidelines
- Experience in banking/handling foreign remittance/donations is a must.
- Experience with employment agreements, financial data and HR records management
- Experiencing with basic budgeting methods
- Experience with report writing and generation
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and project coordination skills
- Fluent in English a requirement
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Google drive
- Educational and Professional:
- University degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in finance and human resource
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in preparing project budging for FD-7 and FD-6 etc. in an INGO that receives foreign funds/donations.
- Work at office
- Bachelor degree in any discipline
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):