Cell Processing Medical Technologist
- Job Summary:
- The Cell Processing Laboratory (CPL) Technologist is responsible for performing and documenting all tasks and duties associated with the processing of cellular therapy products.
- S/he provides appropriate patient care or support related to the infusion of cellular therapy products.
- The CPL Technologist demonstrates an ability to independently conduct a variety of routine and non-routine clinical laboratory analyses, operate clinical laboratory equipment, make subtle discriminations and accurately interpret record and verify test results.
- Shift: Days (rotating weekends)
- Schedule: Full-time
- Independently performs complex, highly specialized, and time-sensitive cell processing procedures on
- irreplaceable Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products (HCT/P's).The technologist is responsible for aseptic handling of HCT/P's during all phases of processing; performance of accurate and error-free calculations; maintenance of accurate and detailed documentation; adherence to specialized cleaning and gowning requirements; and for ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- M.Sc./ B.Sc. from a reputed University (Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry postgraduates/ graduates with 1-year job experience are preferable)
- Basic knowledge in immunology, hematology, cell therapy.
- Excellent judgment and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across functions.
- Interpret data thoroughly and strong trouble-shooting capabilities
- Scientific writing skills, including preparation of SOPs and technical reports
- Demonstrated experience with each of the required areas of expertise
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with all staff, patients, patient families and vendors