Psycho Social Support (PSS) Facilitator
AGRAJATTRA (An Organization for Integrated Social Development)
- Psycho Social Support (PSS) Facilitator - Primary Health Care Centre (PHC, MPCC 01 & 02).
- Key Selling Points : The PSS Facilitator is responsible for providing support in the various PSS functions, which include static and mobile PSS activities for children, adolescents and caregivers, awareness and registration activities, community mobilization, coordination meetings with camp officials and other CP PSS actors.
- Location : Rohingya Refugee camp no. 26, 27 Teknaf, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh.
- Reports to : Child Protection (CP) Team Leader.
- Start date : 01 Dec 2020 .
- Contract duration : Total project duration - 24 Months but initially Up to 31st Aug 2021 after successful completed provision period of 1st 03 Months, full-time position (with possibility of contract extension)
- About you : To be successful in this role we expect you to be flexible and proactive in engaging with existing and potential programming in a changing operational context.
- Organizational Context:
- AGRAJATTRA is Women headed non-profitable, non-political, non-governmental voluntary, National & International (Commonwealth) award-winning L/NNGO based in Chittagong & Cox`sbazar, Bangladesh. AGRAJATTRA`S vision is a fair society where peace, social justice, good governance and gender equity will remain. Our main areas of work include Women`s Leadership development & empowerment, Child protection, Gender/VAWG, Social & Environmental compliance in the RMG Industries, Life-skills education and humanitarian response & DRR in emergency situations as well as Rohingya refugee crisis (General distribution, Food security & livelihoods, Shelter/NFI development, WASH, Health, Hygiene & Nutrition, Protection (GBV, SRHR, MHPSS), Child Protection, Education, Site development, Energy & Environment sectors) etc.
- Operational/Context Role:
- AGRAJATTRA is looking for some experience, competent and dedicated Psycho Social Support (PSS) Facilitator (Primary Health Care Centre) - Case Management & MHPSS Services for the project titled Raksa : Ensure safe and dignified access to life-saving integrated services to the Rohingya population and host communities in Cox`s Bazar district, Bangladesh.
- GOAL: To enhance the safety and dignity of Rohingya refugees and host communities in Bangladesh through integrated, multi-sectorial humanitarian assistance. The project is funded by PRM (USAID) through TDH. The project components are Objective : To increase access to quality protection services, strengthening case management and referral processes, based on community empowerment mechanism.
- The project will be implemented at Rohingya Refugee camp no. 26, 27 Teknaf, Cox`s Bazar. Psycho Social Support (PSS) Facilitator (Primary Health Care Centre) will responsible for providing support in the various PSS functions, which include static and mobile PSS activities for children, adolescents and caregivers, awareness and registration activities, community mobilization, coordination meetings with camp officials and other CP PSS actors and awareness raising sessions to the affected populations of Rohingya & host community people in Regular basis through Primary Health Care Centre (PHC) now operating by TdH and Multi purpose community centre (MPCC) and Community Mobilization at camp & rural areas.
- Workplace : Work at office & Rohingya refugee Camps & Host community areas.
- Main responsibilities:
- To implement the activities in the static and mobile Child Play Area and Multi purpose community center.
- To implement the activities of the Caregivers program.
- To conduct the registration and awareness session activities of children, adolescents and caregivers
- Prepare, in coordination with other PSS Facilitators and community volunteers, work plans with clear objectives and achievement benchmarks, long-term and short-term priorities and implementation plans
- Constantly updates the PSS Officer on the project progress or on any modifications that need to be taken regarding the implementation process
- To refer beneficiaries with special needs or at risk, and follow up the referred cases' conditions in collaboration with the Child Protection Assistant, Team Leader and Case management team
- Fill up the attendance and monitoring forms of the PSS activities
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit
- Reports to the PSS Officer on regular basis on children, adolescent and caregivers progress in the activities
- Daily, Weekly and monthly report to the PSS officer
- Assure that child protection standards are understood and applied and support the community volunteers in establishing a clear referral system
- Maintain and strengthen the relations with the other organizations dealing with CP and psychosocial support
- Maintain and strengthen regular contact with site management agencies and camp in charge officials
- Represent Tdh in field base camp coordination meetings
- Manage the materials used for activities and report on any lost items
- Any other task relevant to the position or asked by the supervisor to implement
- Should Accepts new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line supervisor.
- Child Protection/ Safeguarding
- Promote and ensure PSS activities are in line with the Child Protection Minimum Standards and humanitarian principles.
- Ensure PSS activities are well-integrated in Bangladeshi child protection system.
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the CP Project Manager/coordination team. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Coordination and representation
- Work in close collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders & partners and the key actors (formal and informal community leaders, local authorities, donor representatives)
- Participate in fora and meetings held at the Camp / host community level, when relevant and necessary
- Others as needs for project :
- Effective communication and coordination (Internal and external)
- Coordination with stakeholders at camp level service/ host community,
- Coordination with union/camp level stakeholders.
- Develop networking and rapport building with GOs, NGOs and Private sector actors for achieving project goal and objectives as per planned schedule.
- Reporting to :
- Assist to PSS Officer to submit weekly reports and ensure all information is updated.
- Assist to PSS Officer to Submit Monthly Work Plan of PSS work and Community Volunteer.
- Networking :
- Represent Agrajattra at the appropriate forum.
- Leadership Behavior :
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Core values & Responsibilities :-
- Commitment to Agrajattra mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm
- Agrajattra's role in accompanying and serving refugees and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, and stressful environment.
- Fully comply with AGRAJATTRA & Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to AGRAJATTRA & Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Professional diploma/ University degree in social work, social studies, psychology/ child's psychology, counselling or any other related discipline
- At least 3 year(s)
- Minimum 02 years experience in the field of child protection/protection/SGBV/social work/case management
- Basic IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet, excel) are mandatory.
- Knowledge of child protection systems in Bangladesh/Excellent knowledge of child protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and SGBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Technical Skills :
- Required: Adolescent Engagement, Child Protection, Reporting and Documentation, Rohingya Camp, strategic thinking and planning skills, Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong case management skills, follow up reporting and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Strong knowledge about computer operates.
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):Adolescent Engagement, Camp Coordination, Case Management, Child Protection, Community Engagement, Counseling, Gender development, protection related project, Training Facilitation, Youth Interventions
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):NGO, Development Agency
- At least total 03 years or more working experience in humanitarian program in National and International NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with marginalized communities.
- Experience in child protection in protracted crisis / early recovery a significant advantage
- Experience working in Rohingya camps is a significant advantage
- At least 02 year experience in PSS position.
- Upholds humanitarian values and principles
- Fluency in English and Bangla (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills.
- Fluent in Chittagong and Rohingya dialect, good mastery of English.
- TK. 25,000 (Monthly)As per Staffs appraisal yearly the 5-10% Salary will increase if any fund available in the project.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Insurance
- Salary Review: Yearly