Community Outreach Officer (CO)- Primary Health Care Centre (PHC & MPCC)
AGRAJATTRA (An Organization for Integrated Social Development)
Key Selling Points
The Community Outreach Officer is responsible for supporting the operationalization of the community based health promotion activity, identifying and overseeing the work of Community Outreach Assistance (COA) & Community Outreach Volunteers (COV) Etc
- Community Outreach Officer (CO)- Primary Health Care Centre (PHC & MPCC).
- Key Selling Points : The Community Outreach Officer is responsible for supporting the operationalization of the community based health promotion activity, identifying and overseeing the work of Community Outreach Assistance (COAs) & Community Outreach Volunteers (COV`s), providing COAs & COV`s with training, ensuring availability of materials and resources for COAs to carry their work, monitoring and linking COA activity with health facilities and the overall health project, providing support in project activity initiation and review and linking the project with stakeholders at community level and awareness raising sessions to the affected populations of Rohingya & host community people in Regular basis through Primary Health Care Center (PHC) now operating by TdH and Multi purpose community center (MPCC) and Community Mobilization at camp & rural areas.
- Location : Rohingya Refugee camp no. 26, 27 Teknaf, Cox`s Bazar, Bangladesh.
- Reports to : Community Outreach Team Leader/Child Protection (CP) Team Leader/CP Project Manager
- Start date : 01 Dec 2020.
- Contract duration : Total project duration - 24 Months but initially Up to 31st Aug 2021 after successful completed provision period of 1st 03 Months, full-time position (with possibility of contract extension)
- About you : To be successful in this role we expect you to be flexible and proactive in engaging with existing and potential programming in a changing operational context.
- Organizational Context:
- AGRAJATTRA is Women headed non-profitable, non-political, non-governmental voluntary, National & International (Commonwealth) award-winning L/NNGO based in Chittagong & Cox`sbazar, Bangladesh. AGRAJATTRA`S vision is a fair society where peace, social justice, good governance and gender equity will remain. Our main areas of work include Women`s Leadership development & empowerment, Child protection, Gender/VAWG, Social & Environmental compliance in the RMG Industries, Life-skills education and humanitarian response & DRR in emergency situations as well as Rohingya refugee crisis (General distribution, Food security & livelihoods, Shelter/NFI development, WASH, Health, Hygiene & Nutrition, Protection (GBV, SRHR, MHPSS), Child Protection, Education, Site development, Energy & Environment sectors) etc.
- Operational/Context Role:
- AGRAJATTRA is looking for some experience, competent and dedicated Psycho Social Support (PSS) Facilitator (Primary Health Care Centre) - Case Management & MHPSS Services for the project titled Raksa : Ensure safe and dignified access to life-saving integrated services to the Rohingya population and host communities in Cox`s Bazar district, Bangladesh.
- GOAL: To enhance the safety and dignity of Rohingya refugees and host communities in Bangladesh through integrated, multi-sectorial humanitarian assistance. The project is funded by PRM (USAID) through TDH.
- The project components are Objective : To increase access to quality protection services, strengthening case management and referral processes, based on community empowerment mechanism.
- Workplace : Work at office & Rohingya refugee Camps & Host community areas.
- Main responsibilities :
- Support in identification and allocation of COAs to area of coverage
- Organize and participate in training COAs
- Ensure COAs are provided with materials and resources needed to perform their activities
- Perform routine supervision & coaching of COAs and provide weekly reports
- Support health project team in assessments, design and planning of the COAs activity
- Organize COAs activity initiation and monitoring feedback meetings
- To plan & organize with NHC/ Medical team the activities of the COA's while taking into account Tdh policies, guidelines and project plan of action.
- To coordinate activities of COA and communicate regularly with COA monitors in each location.
- To Liaise between COA's and Tdh Health post by reporting challenges and suggesting program changes and needs.
- To regularly communicate and collaborate with community leaders to ensure the effectiveness of and community receptivity to COA activities.
- Work closely with the child protection and project health facility team including Midwife and with WASH team to harmonize reproductive health and hygiene promotion messages to be delivered by COAs
- Together with the health project team, strengthen link referral and follow up of beneficiaries
- To compile weekly/monthly data collected by the COA team and present it for entry into COA activity database.
- Perform other additional activities/tasks as requested by line manager
- Child Protection/ Safeguarding :
- Promote and ensure CP activities are in line with the Child Protection Minimum Standards and humanitarian principles.
- Ensure CP activities are well-integrated in Bangladeshi child protection system.
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the CP Project Manager/coordination team. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Coordination and representation :
- Work in close collaboration and coordination with other stakeholders & partners and the key actors (formal and informal community leaders, local authorities, donor representatives)
- Participate in fora and meetings held at the Camp / host community level, when relevant and necessary
- Others as needs for project :
- Effective communication and coordination (Internal and external)
- Coordination with stakeholders at camp level service/ host community,
- Coordination with union/camp level stakeholders.
- Develop networking and rapport building with GOs, NGOs and Private sector actors for achieving project goal and objectives as per planned schedule.
- Reports to :
- Community Outreach Team Leader/Child Protection (CP) Team Leader/CP Project Manager.
- Submit weekly reports and ensure all information is updated.
- Submit Monthly Work Plan of CP work.
- Networking :
- Represent Agrajattra at the appropriate forum.
- Leadership Behavior :
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills;
- Ability to positively influence others and successfully reconcile differences;
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation and with high levels of integrity, credibility and dependability;
- An energetic team player who can effectively collaborate, and who can stand alone when necessary;
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Core values & Responsibilities :
- Commitment to Agrajattra mission, vision and values, and the ability to convey with enthusiasm
- Agrajattra's role in accompanying and serving refugees and in advocating for their right to protection and a life in dignity;
- High integrity, honesty and confidentiality; ability to deal tactfully and discreetly with situations, people and information;
- Acceptance of diversity and inclusion as a core value.
- Willingness to work in flexible, sub-optimal, and stressful environment.
- Fully comply with AGRAJATTRA & Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is upheld at all times.
- Ensure adherence to AGRAJATTRA & Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
- Work at office
- Bachelor of Social Science (BSS)
- Skills Required: COMPUTER OFFICE MANAGEMENT, Excellent Reporting Skill, Proposal Development, Reporting and Documentation, Rohingya Camp, Team Supervision or coordination, Training Materials Development
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Adolescent Engagement, At least 5 years relevant NGO experience, Capacity Development, Case Management, Child Protection, Community Awareness, Gender development, MHPSS service, Rohingya Camp, SGBV
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
Development Agency, NGO
- Age 25 to 45 years
- Only females are allowed to apply
- Minimum 02 years experience in the field of child protection/protection/SGBV/social work/case management
- Basic IT knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet, excel) are mandatory.
- Knowledge of child protection systems in Bangladesh/Excellent knowledge of child protection issues and best practices (Child Protection and SGBV) / Previous experience in dealing with complex child protection cases is highly desirable.
- Experience in community engagement and Outreach; Identify components and strategies for effective culturally responsive outreach.
- Good public and interpersonal communication skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity. Use language that conveys caring and is non-judgmental. Be sensitive to literacy level and local or regional vocabulary or terminologies.
- Basic understanding of community assessment methods and Assess barriers to accessing health care.
- Understand local health systems & mechanism for health equity
- Knowledge of behavior change communication and IEC.
- Good in application of health Teaching/Coaching/Behavior Change to promote demand and use of health services
- Good records keeping, documentation and reporting.
- This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC)
- In particular:
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines
- Cooperates and contributes to achieving goals
- Supports and advises colleagues
- Adapts communication to the intercultural environment
- Respect for others.
- Technical Skills :
- Required: Adolescent Engagement, Child Protection, Reporting and Documentation, Rohingya Camp,
- strategic thinking and planning skills, Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical, reporting, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Strong case management skills, follow up reporting and maintaining confidentiality
- Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience
- Knowledge of project cycle management.
- Strong knowledge about computer operates.
- Experience Requirements
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Adolescent Engagement, Camp Coordination, Case Management, Child Protection, Community Engagement, Counseling, Gender development, protection related project, Training Facilitation, Youth Interventions
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s): NGO, Development Agency
- Additional Experience:
- At least total 07 years or more working experience in humanitarian program in National and International NGOs.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with marginalized communities.
- Experience in child protection in protracted crisis / early recovery a significant advantage
- Experience working in Rohingya camps is a significant advantage
- At least 02 year experience in PSS position.
- Upholds humanitarian values and principles
- Fluency in English and Bangla (written and spoken) and excellent writing skills.
- Fluent in Chittagong and Rohingya dialect, good mastery of English.
- Tk. 50000 (Monthly)
- As per Staffs appraisal yearly the 5-10% Salary will increase if any fund available in the project.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- T/A, Mobile bill, Insurance
- Salary Review: Yearly