Deputy Director, Monitoring & Evaluation
Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST)
- About BLAST: BLAST is a leading national legal aid and human rights organization providing legal advice,mediation, and litigation services, and undertaking advocacy to ensure the rights of women, men and children living in poverty or facing discrimination/social exclusion. BLAST works through its Head Office in Dhaka and 25 District-level Offices with 2600+ panel lawyers and 100+partner organizations.
- Job Context: BLAST is looking for a Deputy Director, M&E for its Head Office, Dhaka. The Deputy Director, M&E must be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of work on media, publication,communication & advocacy. S/he will coordinate and lead/assist`s the all content of media, publications,communication and advocacy activities. The Deputy Director, M&E will help/assists BLAST`s monitoring efforts to implement law and policy reform to eliminate gender discriminatory provisions and practices that hinder access to justice for all projects of BLAST victims in Bangladesh.• Job Location: The Deputy Director, M&E will be based in Dhaka but may need to travel to BLAST unit offices for field visits.
- Responsible for overall management of the M&E Cell of BLAST
- Oversee that different project activities have appropriate monitoring and reporting indicators and tools in place in line with donor requirements and BLAST's M&E policy
- Ensure monitoring of all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output
- Suggest strategies based on M&E findings to the project management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project and developing plans to minimize or eliminate bottlenecks
- Prepare a quality monitoring and evaluation report highlighting achievements for review with project staff as required
- Ensure periodic M&E reports have been submitted to the management accurately over the year
- Undertake frequent field visits to assess whether project activities conform to the target set; and record the reasons for deviation if any
- Coordinate with the Research team for relevant data and information for M&E.
- Strengthen effective communication among different departments and between the head office and field offices regarding M&E issues
- Identify and document success stories, achievements, lesson learned and recommendations to be integrated into broader planning and management strategies.
- Master's degree in statistics/ law/ social science/ anthropology with minimum of five years experience in development sector
- At least 10 year(s)
- Minimum of seven years experience in monitoring and evaluation, including design of systems and tools, data analysis and report writing
- Strong data analysis skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Bangla
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Tk. 90000 - 100000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Weekly 2 holidays