Institute of Informatics and Development (IID)
- Job Nature: Full-time (after the satisfactory completion of 3 months probation period)
- Job Location:
- Dhaka, Bangladesh
- The job may also involve occasional travel outside of Dhaka if required.
- Assisting in the preparation of literature reviews, creation of research tools, data collection and analysis.
- Drafting research reports, policy briefs, concept notes, policy paper.
- Playing an active role in the design and planning of field-based and remote research, including focus group discussions, key informant interviews and household surveys.
- Supporting coordination of enumerators and other research staff for field and remote research activities
- Collecting, verifying, and reporting on different data points (e.g., training, translation, resources, advocacy) with particular attention to indicator progress and reporting according to project and donor requirements.
- Organizing and maintaining files for all data, sources of verification and supporting documents as required by project and donors, including attendance records, training surveys, photos, presentation files, handouts, etc.
- Working closely with the Principal Investigator(s) other researchers in the team to ensure all monitoring data is accurate and complete.
- Working closely with the Research and Creative teams to identify and produce data points, data analysis, and data visualization for donor reporting, special reports and other projects as needed.
- Preparing materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
- Assisting other researchers with various tasks, including data entry, sample care, and presentation preparation.
- Assisting in organising IID's various knowledge-sharing events and liaising with donors and stakeholders.
- Managing various project deadlines.
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Development Studies, Economics, Statistics or other Social Science disciplines from any reputed university.
- A Postgraduate/Master's degree will be a plus.
- The requirements may be relaxed in the case of candidates with foreign master's degree and publication(s) in reputed journals.
- 2 to 3 year(s)
- Must possess excellent competency in basic computing, including MS Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of research and evaluation approaches, methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of designing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
- Skilled in data analysis and producing analytical and study reports.
- Good communication skill (written and oral) and ability to present findings, learning and best practices internally and externally.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, pay attention to details, meet deadlines, maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a team setting.
- Willingness to work for and on behalf of the organization at the time of disaster within working areas or outside.
- Comfortable in conducting interviews using Zoom/Skype/Google Meet.
- BDT 30,000 during the probationary period. BDT 42,000 after the satisfactory completion of 3 months probation period.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per organization policy.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.