Centre for Disability in Development (CDD)
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- CDD is implementing project named `Putting Persons with Disabilities at the Centre of Humanitarian Preparedness and Response`. As per the project key activities of the response consist of (1) Training and mentoring for national governmental and civil society actors on the implementation of inclusive humanitarian assistance and disaster risk reduction, (2) Strengthening the capacities of self-advocacy organizations of persons with disabilities (OPDs) in the field of humanitarian aid and disaster risk reduction as well as self-advocacy, (3) Collection and analysis of disaggregated data on disability in disaster-prone regions and integration of data analysis into local early warning systems and disaster plans, (4) Participatory development and establishment of inclusive feedback and complaint mechanisms, and (5) Strengthening the capacity of OPDs to act as humanitarian first responders and piloting in concrete humanitarian contexts.
- Manage accounts & finance of project.
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly financial report following the donor template;
- Prepare six-monthly budget forecast, with quarterly and monthly budget break-down for projects;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial requisition to project management in alignment with approved project budgets;
- Implement and monitor budgetary control activities;
- Develop monthly variance report of the budgeted and actual expenses showing the reasons for variance;
- Provide financial analysis to management for early decision making;
- Flag low burn-rate against a line item or anticipated over expenditure;
- Work closely with project team to develop project budgets and ensure appropriateness of budget figures;
- Prepare daily receipts and payment vouchers journal vouchers of project related expenses;
- Prepare staff salary sheet of assigned projects and respective pay slips;
- Maintaining Cash book, bank book, General ledger, subsidiary ledger(S) and other required register(s);
- Ensure that VAT and Tax is deducted, Deposited and documented as per Government Rules;
- Maintain FIS for the project, operate TALLY Software;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation statement(s);
- Maintain the fixed assets register both for assets & stores of the project;
- Ensure all financial reports and budgets are accurate;
- Perform periodic checks and verifies different finance and accounts related reports, documents and compliance requirements;
- Develop financial statement for NGO Affair's Bureau and local administration;
- Supports donors with information and documents as requested;
- Supports with compliance checks conducted by donor;
- Supports with project audits;
- Ensure Value for Money principles are adhered to throughout the project;
- Ensure that funds are spent in accordance with donor requirements and limits along with government rules and regulations;
- Any other assignment provided by the organization;
- Work at office
- Masters in Accounting /Finance/MBA (major in Accounting). Commerce graduate with Chartered Accountancy course complete
- 3 to 5 year(s)
- Age 45 to 50 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Operating Tally Software, Micro-soft Word, Excel and using google drive
- Knowledge on Financial Management, Accounting, Budgeting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Team working ability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- A methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of numeracy
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Report writing and Presentation Skills
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Kurigram, Dhaka (Savar)
Tk. 38000 - 40000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Pro-rata basis festival bonus
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 3 May 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: 3 to 5 year(s)
Gender: Both males and females are allowed to apply
Age: Age 45 to 50 years
Job Location: Kurigram, Dhaka (Savar)
Salary: Tk. 38000 - 40000 (Monthly)
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
Read Before Apply
CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph.
- The cover letter should include key competencies of the candidate for this position