Centre for Disability in Development (CDD)
- The Centre for Disability in Development (CDD) is a not for profit organization established in 1996 to develop a more inclusive society for persons with disabilities. CDD simultaneously builds technical capacities of the development stakeholders and the communities in how to be more inclusive whilst also enabling persons with a disability to participate in society by strengthening their leadership and providing them with essential rehabilitation and other supports.
- CDD is one of the most renowned organizations in the field of disability-inclusive development. CDD`s work in Bangladesh is supported by international and national donor agencies/development partners. CDD offers an inclusive, amicable, and respectable work environment.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian version of the Noble prize) has been awarded to its Executive Director in 2010. In 2018, CDD was recognized by the Government of Bangladesh as one of the best organizations working on disability and development issues.
- CDD is implementing the project named `Putting Persons with Disabilities at the Centre of Humanitarian Preparedness and Response. Community Facilitator will ensure efficient and effective implementation of Disability inclusive Climate Change Adaptation (DiCCA) in the field of Jatrapur Union under Sadar Upazila, Kurigram District ensuring optimum utilization of resources
- Mobilize climate vulnerable community at Jatrapur Union, Kurigram Sadar including persons with disabilities for smooth implementation of the project
- Formation and strengthen capacity of self-help groups of persons with disabilities.
- Organize and conduct regular meeting of self-help groups, Disaster management committees in Wards and Union etc.
- Regular field visit as per work plan
- Ensure quality work at the field level
- Support to facilitate different orientation, workshop, training etc.
- Assist in organizing different day observing event related to disability, disaster etc.
- Maintain liaison with local administration, government and non-government organizations
- Support and supervise livelihood initiatives
- Carry out any duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
- Swimming skills is desired.
- Work at office
- At least 1 year(s)
- Age 22 to 40 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Working knowledge on DRR and CCA
- Experience in working with community groups
- Experience in working with Local Government
- Able to mobilize the community and to facilitate meetings
- Experience working on livelihood initiatives
- Experience working on Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Experienced on WASH initiatives
- Willingness and commitment to work closely with the coastal community including persons with disabilities.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in DRR and CCA in flood-prone areas
- Working experience with persons with disabilities will be an added value.
- Person with disability are encouraged to apply
Tk. 14500 - 15000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Mobile bill, Weekly 2 holidays
- prorate basis bonus
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.
Published on: 4 May 2021
Employment Status: Full-time
Experience: At least 1 year(s)
Gender: Both males and females are allowed to apply
Age: Age 22 to 40 years
Job Location: Kurigram
Salary: Tk. 14500 - 15000 (Monthly)
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
Read Before Apply
CDD encourages persons with disabilities meeting the selection criteria to apply for this position.
Candidates with the required profile and proven experience, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit their application in English clearly mentioning the Job Title along with a meaningful cover letter, updated CV, recent PP size photograph.