Director - Engineering
The Director, Engineering is responsible for the same and efficient operation and maintenance of all building systems, machinery, structures, landscape, furniture and fittings. He is responsible to comply with all governmental regulations as well as all ONYX Hospitality Group Polices that relate to his position. He is tasked championing the continuous improvement of the Fire Life & Safety standards of his property.
- Manage the operation, maintenance, upgrade and installation of all building systems including (but not limited to)
- Extra Low Voltage
- Sound Systems
- Audio Visual Systems
- Building Automation System
- Telephone & Data
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Ventilation
- Building Structure & Envelope
- Pools and water features
- Sanitary Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Oversee all aspects of energy conservation and consumption
- Taking periodic readings of water, fuel and electricity consumption.
- Analyze and submit reports to GM.
- Investigate abnormal readings.
- Carry out feasibility study of potential energy saving initiatives.
- Manage (prepare scopes of work, review proposals, oversee work and monitor reports) maintenance contracts as detailed in the OHG Engineering Polices, including but not limited to
- Standby Generators
- Fire Pumps
- Fire Alarm Panels
- Elevators & Escalators
- High Voltage Electrical Systems Components & Transformers
- Prepare, schedule, and monitor all aspect of Planned Preventative Maintenance of all building systems and machinery to ensure optimum reliability, low and efficient energy consumption, reduced life cycle costing and reduced Total Cost of Ownership.
- Manage outsourced contract work including preparation of Scope of Works, review of proposal, oversee and supervise works, acceptance, commissioning and testing and monitor reports.
- Assist in preparation, review and overseeing of renovation and new design work. Paying attention to design and statutory compliance issues.
- Prepare and manage POMEC operational budget to meet unit operational demands and OHG technical standards. Paying due diligence to cost control and quality standards simultaneously.
- Prepare and manage POMEC CAPEX budget to meet unit operational demands and OHG technical standards.
- Prepare and manage property Long Term Replacement Plan ensuring plant and machinery in operated with due respect to Life Cycle Costing and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Schedule and manage the POMEC manpower schedule to ensure the most cost effective yet efficient operation of the property ensuring safe and reliable conditions for guests and team members
- Adhere to the OHG Fire Life & Safety Matrix to ensure optimum performance of the properties essential services during an emergency situation.
- Prepare for, participate in, and follow up on the OHG Annual Fire Life & Safety Audit.
- Take responsibility for FLS training and Emergency Response Team scheduling to ensure 24/7 coverage in order to effectively deal with incidents.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and governmental statutory requirements.
- Manage Team Member breakdown work orders to provide the most cost effective yet quality driven response to fixing guest and team member related engineering issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment to all Team Members.
- Technical support for General Managers with engineering issues, CAPEX replacements reviews and upgrade/ replacement of main machinery
- BSC / MSC in Engineering (Degree from BUET, RUET, CHUET, KHUET will be given priority)
- Skills Required: Analysis, Analytical ability, Hotel industry, Risk Management, Safety compliance, Strategic Management
- At least 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Hotel industry, Hotel maintenance experienced, Hotel Management
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Additional Career Competencies:
- Goal Setting: Sets clear aspirations and challenging but achievable goals for self and others
- Communication : Communicates effectively with colleagues at all levels , Can motivate individuals to take action
- Service Mind-set: Always puts the needs of the guest first, Establishes balance between cost and service delivery
- Teamwork and Collaboration : Works well with others - asks for help and offers support when needed, Builds a strong team within the property
- Process and Project Management: Follows standard procedures and performs job efficiently, Handles multiple priorities well, appropriately dividing time and resources between them
- Problem Solving: Draws in others to solve problems jointly
- Management and Leadership: Is an effective leader Motivates and leads others to achieve their best performance
- Mentoring and Coaching: Is viewed as a good mentor and actively coaches others
- Change and Innovation: Is calm and focused during times of change or uncertainty
- Comes up with ideas for improvement
- Professional Development : Always looks for opportunities to improve skills
- Values : Is a role model to others of our core values
- Key Success Factors:
- Leadership Abilities
- Customer Focus
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong People Management skills
- Change Management skills
- High degree of commercial awareness.
- Good sense and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Very good commands of both spoken and written in English.
- Initiative, hardworking, ability work under pressure, honest with good management.
- Knowledge about MS Office, Internet, Fax, Copy Machine, Opera.
- Minimum 07 year(s) experience in Engineering sector or related professional area.
- Previous working experience with International Hotels will be given priority.
- Attractive package will depend on the basis of qualification and experience.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.