Officer- MRM and Partnership
- Swisscontact, Bangladesh is inviting applications from experienced development professionals, willing to serve as a Officer-MRM & Partnership, to its Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme: The Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Project (BMMDP) also known as Bangladesh Agricultural and Disaster Insurance Programme (BADIP) mandated by the Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh envisions fostering inclusive growth in the agriculture and livestock sector in Bangladesh through agriculture and livestock insurance along with risk-reducing embedded extension services. In Phase 1, BMMDP will work with two partners to design, pilot and roll out affordable crop and livestock insurance products and identify distribution channels for rice, maize, potato, vegetables, beef-fattening and other livestock and poultry related activities, reaching at least 633,000 insured farmers by 2024. Swisscontact is acting as the Managing Agent (MA) of the project.
- Officer-MRM & Partnership is a key staff member of the project team and primarily responsible for managing the insurance sector market systems development interventions and policy advocacy activities of the project.
- Employment starts: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Initially 1 (one) year (renewable subject to extension of the project).
- Place of work: Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme, Dhaka Office. Field visits play a large part in the incumbent`s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as needed and sometimes under short notice.
- The Officer-MRM & Partnership is responsible for:
- Work under the overall guidance from the MRM Manager and the Team Leader.
- Contribute to planning monitoring & evaluation and documenting of project interventions.
- Support preparation of partnership strategies, concept notes and intervention plans.
- Support implementation of activities on the ground and support from the MRM Manager on strategic decision-making based on ground realities.
- Ensure that the project delivers all desired targets on time and with quality.
- Establish and operationalise performance management framework for monitoring and overseeing various project components in coordination with the implementing partners.
- Develop and operationalise results chain, monitoring and results in measurement plan with partner organisations.
- Develop and operationalise reporting formats for all the components and partner organizations.
- Develop and operationalise a framework for aggregating quantitative results from the components, analyse the results and present progress to different clients (donor, Government, etc.) within the agreed timeline and format focusing on outcomes.
- Analyze the quantitative data from implementing partners to assess progress towards achievement of outcome and prepare a progress report for the project manager and donors.
- Support preparation of MRM plans and support the development of a knowledge management process to identify the key evidence and lessons learnt from Components.
- Monitor results measurement through regular visits and coordination with implementing partners.
- Work closely with the implementation partners and provide strategic guidance to the project partners for smooth implementation of the project's activities.
- Contribute to knowledge exchange workshops with findings from different components and research studies.
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender, governance, Disaster Risk Reduction and Conflict Sensitive Project Management. Assist the project team in insurance context monitoring.
- Support in organize knowledge exchange workshops, identify global learning events and exposure visits for the public and private institutions and support the organizations to participate in these events.
- Collaborate with other projects within Swisscontact for efficient and effective project implementation and mutual learning.
- Support the MRM Manager and Team Leader to prepare project progress reports (monthly, bi-annually, and annually), including technical reports and other reports as per project requirement.
- Undergraduate degree from reputed University in any relevant Social Science/ Business Administration discipline/ Economics/ Applied Economics/ Statistics/ Applied statistics with CGPA 3.5 and above.
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Preferably 1 - 2 years of working experience in private or development sector;
- Good knowledge on Monitoring and Result Measurements (MRM), Statistical and Research tools and techniques.
- Sound knowledge on Business Communication, reports, case studies preparations and presentations.
- Sound working knowledge of economic and statistical fundamentals, including a good knowledge of market failures, and the use of cost-benefit and cost effectiveness analysis.
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate.
- A creative and motivated individual with the ability to think out of the box and take ownership of tasks.
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact's core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards differently abled people). Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities with excellent written and verbal communications.
- Must be proficient in English and Bangla and have the competency of using computer applications like MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) at an advanced level.
- Expertise in statistical software (SPSS/STATA) will be an added advantage.
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.