Officer - Interventions & Communication
- Swisscontact, Bangladesh is inviting applications from experienced development professionals, willing to serve as a Officer - Interventions & Communication, to its Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme: The Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Project (BMMDP) also known as Bangladesh Agricultural and Disaster Insurance Programme (BADIP) mandated by the Embassy of Switzerland in Bangladesh envisions fostering inclusive growth in the agriculture and livestock sector in Bangladesh through agriculture and livestock insurance along with risk-reducing embedded extension services. In Phase 1, BMMDP will work with two partners to design, pilot and roll out affordable crop and livestock insurance products and identify distribution channels for rice, maize, potato, vegetables, beef-fattening and other livestock and poultry related activities, reaching at least 633,000 insured farmers by 2024. Swisscontact is acting as the Managing Agent (MA) of the project.
- Officer - Interventions & Communicationis a key staff member of the project team and primarily responsible for working with Manager MSD and Policy Advocacy for managing the insurance sector market systems development interventions and policy advocacy activities of the project.
- Employment starts: As soon as possible
- Contract duration: Initially 1 (one) year (renewable subject to extension of the project).
- Place of work: Bangladesh Microinsurance Market Development Programme, Dhaka Office. Field visits play a large part in the incumbent`s activities; as such, it is expected that the incumbent is willing and able to take part in such activities as needed and sometimes under short notice.
- The Officer - Interventions & Communication is responsible for:
- Under the overall guidance from Manager - MSD & Advocacy and the Team Leader;
- Prepare concept notes for newly designed interventions;
- Communicate with potential partners for collaboration with BMMDP for implementation of the interventions in compliance with the concept note;
- Formalize collaboration with interested partners for implementation of interventions/action research;
- Regular communication with relevant stake holder for timely implementation of the interventions;
- Develop innovative communication materials and tools that increase project visibility amongst relevant stakeholders for facilitating copy and crowding in;
- Implement communication strategy and communication plan for project in compliance with donor and Swisscontact requirements;
- Lead preparation of branding materials and communication tools for all BMMDP events;
- Work closely with the communication agency to ensure proper and timely delivery of work;
- Lead implementing the media engagement strategy;
- Keep BMMDP's news updated on the Swisscontact website and prepare social media contents for the donor as and when needed;
- Support in organizing seminars, knowledge sharing events, and workshops; and
- Support in preparing project progress report, technical reports and other reports as per project requirement.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Support the Manager MSD and Policy Advocacy to prepare project progress reports (monthly, bi-annually and annually), including technical reports and other reports as per project requirement.
- At least a 4-year bachelor's degree with CGPA of 3.5 and above from reputed University in any relevant Social Science or Business Administration discipline.
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Preferably 1 - 2 years of working experience in private or development sector;
- Ability to work productively in a highly collaborative setting (a team player) while also able to operate independently with limited to no supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bangla;
- A creative and motivated individual with the ability to think out of the box and take ownership of tasks;
- Works with trustworthiness and integrity and is committed to Swisscontact's core values; and
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity (including sensitivity towards differently abled people).
Anywhere in Bangladesh
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.