Finance & Monitoring Officer
Christian Service Society (CSS)
CSS is a humanitarian and socio-economic development organization working since 1972. It is a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) working in various sectors such as Primary and Secondary Healthcare, Formal & Non-formal Education, Technical and Vocational Education, Community based education, Leadership training, Economic and enterprise development, Women Empowerment & Gender Equality, Water and Sanitation, HIV/AIDS, Child Labor, disaster response, etc. We are looking for an experienced "Finance & Monitoring Officer" who will oversee and monitor the financial aspects of the projects as well as different components of the organization.
- Ensure proper implementation of relevant finance policies and procedures including GAAP/IAS/BAS, VAT & Tax, NGOAB (FD's Forms), MRA rules and regulations;
- Perform Tax and TDS return related works;
- Perform online VAT and other VAT related works;
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of NGOAB and MRA;
- Check and review monthly report of projects;
- Prepare budget and report for donor as per schedule;
- Assist project in replying donor queries;
- Check monthly fund requisition of projects and prepare summary for approval;
- Analyze budget and provide feedbacks to projects;
- Check budget variance and provide feedbacks to projects;
- Face external audit and provide necessary support to external audit team;
- Assist project team to prepare all types of reports according to donor's instructions as well as internal/external audit requirements;
- Prepare monthly report and quarterly financial analysis report;
- Prepare yearly financial statement (Balance sheet, Income & Expenditure, Cash Flow statement etc.) for external audit;
- Track and confirm donor fund receipt according to agreements as well as fund disbursement to projects;
- Assist project's accounts personnel for accounting issues time to time;
- Train project's accounts personnel regarding Accounting, VAT, TAX, and other related issues;
- Master's Degree in Accounting/ Finance.
- CA (CC) will be given preference.
- At least 5 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
- Age at most 40 years
- At least 5 years related working experience in any NGO.
- Excellent communication skills in English & Bengali.
- Capability of training people on accounting and related policies.
- Willingness to travel frequently and on demand.
- Comprehensive financial management skills i.e. financial planning, accounting, budgeting, reporting and cash flow management.
- Capacity to manage and negotiate with partners, donors, government officials, corporate partners and grassroots partners.
- Working knowledge on NGOAB rules specially FD's forms and related legislations.
- Good organizational skills, able to handle a challenging environment and pay attention to details.
- Capability of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Computer skill in MS word, MS Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software and Asset software.
- Capacity to handle multi-tasks & prioritize job responsibilities
Tk. 18000 - 25000 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- After being permanent upon successful completion of probation period (six months), other benefits will be provided as per the organizational policy i.e. provident fund, gratuity, festival bonus, yearly increment, staff insurance (kormi Bima), medical allowance (Kormi Sohayota Tohobil) etc.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.