Category: Electrician/ Construction/ Repair
A Power Plant Maintenance Project in Saudi Arabia.
- This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to: construction, painting, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion as directed by the Maintenance Manager. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic CMMS database; providing action plans and status reports as needed.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
- Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/stick welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment (i.e. chop saw), pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs. Locations could include to and from various pieces of equipment/systems, outside pipe bridges and inside buildings.
- Ensures that all work performed meets required codes (OSHA, City and Federal) and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves and aprons.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area.
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
- Diploma Holder in Mechanical Engineering or Related subject.
- SSC/HSC pass with Trade Course
- At least 5 year(s)
- Age at most 40 years
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings, motors, gearboxes, etc.).
- Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or schematics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both written and verbal; includes building relationships with team lead and department Manager.
- Be able to perform basic reading and arithmetic problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Be willing and able to learn shop math, including simple geometry.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, job related internet research and ability to learn eMaintenance software for daily usage.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills with focus on attention to detail.
- Be able to work both in independently and in a team environment completing objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
- Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job functions. These tasks include extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending, standing, carrying and squatting.
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces, working at heights, dusty/dirty and around chemicals.
- Understand, practice and enforce safe work practices related to the following: respiratory protection, elevated work platforms, fall protection, control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout procedure), fire protection systems, electrical safety, forklift/hoist operation, welding, cutting, brazing, confined space entry, PPE and employee Right to Know
- Experience Requirements:
- Overseas experience is preferable, especially; Gulf countries.
- Experienced with Power Plant is preferable.
- 5 years of experience in an Industrial Maintenance environment.
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline could be substituted for work experience.
- Technical/vocational training and understanding of chemical batch control operations preferred.
- Must be willing and able to work off-hours and overtime on the weekends as needed.
- Basic Salary SR 1,800 + O.T. (1.50 times). Duty: 8 hrs/day. Free Food + Accommodation + Transportation + Health Card. Visa + joining ticket provide by Company.
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.