Category: Pathologist/ Lab Assistant
York Hospital Ltd.
York Hospital Ltd is looking for an experienced "Phlebotomist" to join our growing team. The Phlebotomist will be responsible for collecting blood Sample, mark each sample and then work closely with the lab to ensure the proper quality management for each patient.
- To provide a high-quality service, to any children and young people, who require capillary blood sampling and / or cannulation. This includes the safe collection and management of patient specimens with minimal discomfort or distress to the child or young person and their care.
- To maintain efficient processes and perform tasks associated with specimen collection and handling, to handover to laboratory staff and provide advice on such to the LAB.
- Adequate checking of specimens, ensuring correct packaging and dispatch of specimens.
- Appropriate and relevant use of patient management, scheduling systems, Proper Patient identification, especially during Home Collection.
- The successful candidate will also deliver excellent patient service, answer patient queries, act as a resource for patient information and strengthen the relationship between the patient and our entire medical facility.
- Collect and tag specimens exactly as outlined in each medical requisition / Prescription.
- Develop effective collection techniques as they relate to groups such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Label and record all test tubes, log procedures and file paperwork.
- Demonstrate knowledge of order of color top tube to use, volume of blood needed and test requirements.
- Must have comprehensive understanding of compliance and safety, and is able to effectively communicate the importance of compliance and safety to other employees.
- Stock management, ensuring relevant materials are adequately maintained.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Details knowledge of BLS protocol incase patient collapsed or fainted.
- Legible handwriting is required.
- Strong attention to detail; seek guidance and direction when necessary.
- Any other task assigned by the management.
- Work at office
- 03-04 years Diploma in Medical Technology from any reputed organization.
- 1 to 2 year(s)
- Age at least 22 years
- Both males and females are allowed to apply
- Minimum two (2) years experiences in reputed Hospitals, Diagnostics centers, clinics, medical centers.
- The applicants should have experience in the following business areas: Hospital/Clinic/Diagnostic Center.
- Honesty & integrity & ability to work under pressure.
- Dynamic, Motivated, Energetic, Pro-active.
- Management/ leadership quality with positive attitude and having ability to take decision independently.
- Organizing & managing ability with problem solving & analytical skills.
- Some 'out of hours' work is required on a rotational basis. Candidates must have the flexibility to work on any day of the week as rostered.
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Lunch Facilities: Partially Subsidize
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
- Special discount for self & family members in Hospital Consultancy, Medications, Diagnostic & IPD Facility in York Hospital Ltd
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting.